Mother’s Day is sneaking up on us again (at least those of you like me in North America)! I think it’s a consensus when I say we all wish we could give Mom the world, however for many of us (myself included) that isn’t feasible. I’ve put together a short little list here of 10 Mother’s Day gift ideas if you’re still struggling to find that perfect gift for her, and you’re on a budget.
I don’t know about you but my Mom always appreciates it when I give her a homemade gift as opposed to something I just picked up from the store. It’s always the the thought that counts 🙂
I hope that you can find something in the following list that your Mom would enjoy – I’d love to hear what you decide to give her.
1. Can’t afford a gift certificate to a pricey spa? Gift her a handpicked basket just from you for a Spa Day at home!
Ideas of things to include:
- Face Mask
- Nail Polish
- Nail File
- Body Scrub (keep scrolling for an awesome sugar scrub recipe!)
- Bubble Bath
- Pumice Stone
2. Does Mom have some kick-ass recipes? Make a unique handprinted recipe box to store some of your favourite shared recipes.
Check out an awesome tutorial right here! Delicious looking strawberry pie not included.
3. Looking for another addition to the thoughtful spa gift basket above? Try this sugar scrub recipe from Salt Lick Lessons!
4. Who doesn’t love the silkiness of an amazing soap? Try your hand at making one of these soap recipes for Mom.
You’ll probably want to make a bit extra for yourself.. shh I’m not telling 😉
5. My Mom loves to Garden and collect plants. Even if your Mom doesn’t have a green thumb who can say no to this Up-cycled succulent container?
Succulents are fairly easy to keep alive, and are a great way to green up a room!
Make Mom some yummy chocolate chip cookies!
There are so many variations on the classic that it’s a practically foolproof idea! Also who doesn’t love cookies? No one, that’s who.
7. Strawberry frosted cupcakes.. need I say more?
8. Make Mom a beautiful handmade card filled with some redeemable coupons just for her!
Looking for coupon ideas? Check here!
9. Get some terracotta pots from the dollar store and paint them however your fancy, Mom will love to plant flowers in her unique new pots!
Pinterest is a plethora of ideas for painting planters if you’re struggling for inspiration!
10. Make her a candle with her favourite scent!
Prior to this gift choice, I would suggest making sure you know which side of the candle debate your Mom is on. My Mom is on the side that believes that the simple act of lighting a candle anywhere in the home means it will burn down instantly. If yours loves the warmth and smell they can bring to a home this is a gift for her!
I know it can be a bit tricky to decide what to give her – I’d love to hear what you land on this year, and how you plan to spend Mom’s special day. Let me know below in the comments 🙂